Summary of Position:
We are seeking a full-time Accountant responsible for Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables, credit card statement reconciliations, payroll processing, expense report processing, expense to budget reconciliations, and daily work within QuickBooks. The individual must be dependable, able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion, possess unquestionable ethics and integrity, and have the ability to prioritize workflow and thrive in a busy and dynamic work environment. Prior experience with QuickBooks and ADP RUN is highly desired.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal operations to ensure accessorial expenses are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the flow of vendor invoices from receipt through approval and payment
- Review daily and weekly processing billing/invoicing for proper G/L coding and departments
- Oversee vendor management, including processing vendor applications, maintaining vendor accounts and setup, and obtaining and maintaining vendor W-9 forms
- Analyze delinquent accounts and create resolution recommendations on high risk accounts
- Perform AP/AR-related balance sheet reconciliations and assist in monthly book closing
- Assist with financial reports and financial audits
- Proactively communicate with Restaurant Managers for payment inquiries, outstanding invoices, and dispute resolution
- Manage annual 1099 reporting
- Support in building documentation and workflow instructions
- Perform general filing and other administrative tasks
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Positive, upbeat, a self-starter, thrive in a fast-growing organization and able to turn their hand to many diverse tasks
- Ability to adapt to new responsibilities, technology, and processes as needed and in a proactive manner
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates Position AP/AR Specialist Report to CEO/ CFO/ COO
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls
- Adherence to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 1-2 years of full charge accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of financial modules (AP, AR, and GL)
- Must have Quickbooks online experience.
- Excellent follow-through and eye for detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting methods (GAAP knowledge) is a plus
- Previous experience in a start-up or Food and Beverage industry is a plus